We are Beyond Definition, a Silver Spring-based brand and marketing agency for what’s next. We’re our clients’ guides for navigating change, creating audience-first brand, marketing, and digital experiences to move their missions forward.
From branding and visual identity to marketing strategy and campaigns, to publication, web, and collateral design and development, this role will keep you on your toes. If it requires audience-first out-of-this-world insights, mission-critical strategy, or stellar design and development, we’re over the moon about it.
- We see this position as the glue that holds our teams together — both internally and with our clients. You’ll report to the Account Director and work closely with your Project Manager counterparts to ensure clients are happy, accounts are running smoothly, and we’re doing everything we can do as an agency to go beyond.
Need to have
- Minimum three years of account management experience in marketing, public relations, branding, advertising or other communication-related fields.
- Experience leading accounts and ongoing client relationships that include identifying opportunities to enhance the client experience and expectations.
- Curiosity when it comes to our clients and their industries — we want them to see you as their advocate and an extension of their team.
- Comfortability working both independently and with the team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and solutions-oriented mindset.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of web development best practices, CMS experience (esp. WordPress and Drupal).
- Interactive knowledge of principles for creative, IA, UI/UX requirements.
- Knowledge of print production standards, press-ready criteria, mailing/shipping logistics.
- Base knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software that may include InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with Account and Project Management Software such as Basecamp, Box, and Workamajig.
- Account lead and main point of contact for client and accounts throughout project life cycles.
- Contribute to proposals and meet with prospects to secure new business.
- Identify opportunities to grow accounts and coordinate planning for next steps.
- Proactively seek out and resolve issues and conflicts within accounts.
- Manage changes in project scope with Project Management team.
- Deep understanding of project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives.
- Set and continually manage expectations with clients and Project Management team.
- Communicate with clients to translate technical requirements and recommendations.
- Coordinate with Project Management team to report on account health to management.
- Starting salary based on experience.
- Flexible time and work from home options available immediately.
- Annual Leave –20 days per year.
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & day after, Christmas Day).
- Vacation day on your birthday.
- Company contributes 50% toward individual healthcare plan 1st of the month after 60 days.
- Simple IRA plan available after 3 months, with up to 3% company match.
How to Apply
Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creative thinking and strategies that go beyond for our clients. Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion of people of every race, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, ability, personality, and age. Our work is made better by the people we work with because our horizons are broadened every step of the way. Applicants from every background are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To be considered, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information about our agency, visit beyond-definition.com.