We are Beyond Definition, a Silver Spring-based brand and marketing agency for what’s next. We’re our clients’ guides for navigating change, creating audience-first brand, marketing, and digital experiences to move their missions forward.
We are looking to hire an experienced, motivated, and dependable Freelance Front-End Web Developer with a possibility of full-time employment. The developer will play an important role in our interactive development work. Our ideal candidate is motivated to build modern, user-friendly, intuitive websites and digital experiences that merge our clients’ needs and priorities with their audiences of today — and tomorrow. You’ll use designs from our team of designers and detailed strategy recommendations from our strategists, but bring your own thinking and creativity to every project. Experience working in an agency environment and managing multiple projects at once will ensure your success, but the right mindset is more important than your resume. We are looking for a candidate who has experience building great websites with an underlying strategy at their core. Our award-winning website work is focused on audiences and ensuring a simple, modern, and beautiful user experience and design.
From enterprise association websites to start-ups and nonprofits, every website should be engaging, intuitive, and beautiful. Our clients come to us because they need to better connect with their audiences — and we push their boundaries and expectations to deliver more than they thought possible.
- We are a small but tight-knit digital team that works closely with our strategists, marketers, designers, and researchers to push boundaries for our clients and ensure the best approach.
- You’ll work closely with the Senior Digital Strategist to ensure our websites are aligned to research, strategy, and client audiences.
Need to have
- Minimum of 6-8 years of front-end web development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 for the creation of Responsive websites.
- Deep understanding of design principles, as they pertain to UI/UX.
- Strong experience in creating custom WordPress themes from scratch (PHP).
- Extensive experience testing/troubleshooting for OS and cross-browser compatibility.
- Working knowledge of Adobe applications, especially Illustrator & XD.
- Understanding of W3C guidelines and Section 508/WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
- Technical/development support for systems and platforms associated with websites (ie. CRM, CDP, Marketing Automation, e-Commerce, Social Media, HTML email templates, etc.).
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and timelines.
- Knowledge of latest trends in web development, techniques, and emerging technologies.
- Commitment to advancing personal skill-set to meet the evolving complexity of web development.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Nice to have
- Experience with Drupal or additional CMS platforms a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques and implementation practices.
- Practical experience with Sass and/or Less and Gulp; ES6 and Git a plus.
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Technical requirements gathering for RFP responses.
- Conceptualize creative solutions for web and interactive projects.
- Develop digital experiences that are production-ready and cross browser/device compatible.
- Work with other developers for both collaborative and independent projects.
- Coordinate technical needs with our partners on projects.
- Work with team members to translate technical requirements for non-technical persons.
- Provide accurate estimates for scope and timelines of projects.
- Create wireframes, prototypes as necessary for for desktop and mobile environments.
- Quality assurance and technical troubleshooting pre and post launch.
- Training and creation of documentation for clients.
- Hourly rate based on experience.
- Opportunity for full-time employment based on project success and growth.
How to Apply
To be considered, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creative thinking and strategies that go beyond for our clients. Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion of people of every race, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, ability, personality, and age. Our work is made better by the people we work with because our horizons are broadened every step of the way. Applicants from every background are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.