Beyond Definition (formerly Bates Creative), is a Silver Spring-based strategy and creative agency with a focus on mission-driven organizations, including associations, non-profits, and foundations. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
Our ideal candidate is a digital-savvy, creative, and strategic marketer with a knack for copywriting and content development. Candidates will need to understand the importance of creating timely and smart digital content and can think uniquely about how to connect with target audiences. From trends, to conversations, to analyzing the competitive landscape, your enthusiasm for content and storytelling keeps you on the cusp of “what’s next” and you have the ability to translate that into content to help position our agency as a thought leader in the industry.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work at a fast-paced agency on a wide variety of projects, including: copywriting, marketing and business development. If you’re looking to work in an environment that fosters growth, inspires creativity, and where your voice is heard, then this is the position for you.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the marketing and business development teams.
This position will support agency with marketing and business development initiatives, including:
- Managing agency editorial calendar with compelling content and ideas for blog and digital channels
- Writing, editing, and proofing agency’s blog, email, social, and web content with a solid understanding of agency voice
- Managing the agency’s social media channels and growing audience engagement
- Brainstorming, creating, and implementing paid social media campaigns
- Strategizing and crafting email campaigns to contribute to lead generation for new business
- Copywriting and content development for client projects
- Tracking and monitoring agency’s digital marketing efforts to develop monthly analytics reports
- Publishing content to agency website CMS (WordPress)
- Managing the agency’s marketing automation platform (HubSpot), experience a plus and will be taken into consideration, but agency is prepared to provide educational resources as well
- Researching and staying informed on content marketing best practices and industry trends
- Coordinating internal marketing initiatives for the agency, including events and sponsorships
- Prioritizing, multitasking, and working collaboratively in order to meet deadlines
- Providing general administration support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in copywriting, marketing, or related field
- Compelling writer’s voice to create valuable, quality content based on brand strategy
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our agency’s various types of content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for problem solving and creative thinking
- Adept at editing and proofing content
- Efficient time management skills
- Comfortable working individually as well as part of a larger team
- Demonstrate knowledge of content marketing best practices and industry trends
- Understanding of reporting using analytics dashboards (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, HubSpot, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of SEO and SEM
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiar with WordPress
- Experience using HubSpot is a plus
- Flexibility to attend morning and evening events as needed
- Starting salary $55,000-$65,000, based on experience
- Flexible time and work from home options available after 90 days
- Annual leave – 20 days for employees to start
- 8 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & day after, Christmas Day)
- Extra day off in the month of your birthday
- Company contributes 50% toward individual healthcare plan 1st of the month after 60 days
- Simple IRA plan available after 3 months, with up to 3% company match
How to Apply
We ask that you include a cover letter as a writing sample and pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position. Please include this along with your resume and additional samples of work to apply at email@example.com.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creative thinking and strategies that go beyond for our clients. Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion of people of every race, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, ability, personality, and age. Our work is made better by the people we work with because our horizons are broadened every step of the way. Applicants from every background are encouraged to apply.