We are Beyond Definition, a Silver Spring-based brand and marketing agency for what’s next. We’re our clients’ guides for navigating change, creating audience-first brand, marketing, and digital experiences to move their missions forward.
We are looking to hire an experienced (3+ years) Marketing Strategist to shape marketing, campaign, and content strategies. Our ideal candidate has a focus on the customer experience, can research and identify audience needs, and has a natural ability to communicate a brand’s story through content and marketing solutions. This position is a unique opportunity to join a growing, motivated team passionate about going beyond for our clients.
- Assess key brand and audience insights and apply this research to strategic planning
- Perform audience research, develop audience personas, and create marketing content based on demographics, needs, motivations, emotional drivers, and more
- Perform content, marketing, and brand audits to inform strategic planning
- Gather research and insights and translate these into client-facing reports and presentations
- Develop cohesive and long-term content and marketing strategies to support client business, including Marketing Roadmaps (plans)
- Participate in strategizing and concepting creative campaigns
- Copywriting, both short and long form, for various platforms
- Ensure brand, voice, and message consistency across platforms considering channel best practices and trends
- Prepare presentations and develop materials to support client communications
- Collaborate and work directly with creative, marketing, brand, and account teams
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing/communications, agency experience preferred
- High-level thinker with a penchant for keeping track of details
- Idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Passion for thinking both abstractly and analytically
- Knowledge and proven experience with marketing strategies and best practices across multiple channels and platforms, including but not limited to digital, email, social, OOH, print, and paid
- Experience in hands-on writing and editing, marketing or brand work a plus
- Self-starter with strong time management skills who is able to effectively manage multiple tasks for various projects concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Excellent verbal, and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and using these to inform website content strategy and writing
Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Starting salary based on experience
- Flexible time and work from home options available immediately
- Annual Leave – 20 days per year
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & day after, Christmas Day)
- Vacation day on your birthday
- Company contributes 50% toward individual healthcare plan 1st of the month after 60 days
- Simple IRA plan available after 3 months, with up to 3% company match
How to Apply
We ask that you include a cover letter as a writing sample and pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position. Please include this along with your resume and additional samples of work to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creative thinking and strategies that go beyond for our clients. Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion of people of every race, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, ability, personality, and age. Our work is made better by the people we work with because our horizons are broadened every step of the way. Applicants from every background are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.