Beyond Definition (formerly Bates Creative), is a Silver Spring-based strategy and creative agency with a focus on mission-driven organizations, including associations, non-profits, and foundations.
We are looking to hire a Senior Strategist with a client-centric attitude who has proven experience working in an agency environment to develop marketing, content, and campaign strategies that reach clients’ business objectives. Our ideal candidate has a focus on the customer experience, can research and identify audience needs, and has a natural ability to communicate a brand’s story through content and marketing solutions. This position is responsible for helping to lead and shape strategies, brand voice and messaging, and content creation and distribution to clients. This position is a unique opportunity to join a growing, motivated team that is passionate about going beyond for our clients.
- Assess key business and user insights and apply this research to strategic planning
- Perform audience research, develop audience personas, and create marketing content based on audience demographics, needs, motivations, emotional drivers, and more
- Perform content, brand, and marketing audits to inform strategic planning
- Gather research and insights and translate these into client-facing reports and presentations
- Develop cohesive and long-term content and marketing strategies to support client business
- Participate in strategizing and concepting creative campaigns
- Copywriting, both short and long form, for various platforms
- Work with junior team members to help mentor and guide them to deliver on projects and develop professionally
- Ensure brand, voice, and message consistency across platforms considering channel best practices and trends
- Prepare presentations and develop materials to support client communications
- Collaborate and work directly with creative, marketing, brand, and account teams
- Actively contribute to proposal writing as needed
- 5-8 years of experience in marketing/communications, with some agency experience preferable but not required
- High-level thinker with a penchant for keeping track of details
- Idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Passion for thinking both abstractly and analytically
- Proven experience in high-level content strategy and hands-on writing and editing, marketing or brand work a plus
- Knowledge and proven experience with marketing strategies and best practices across multiple channels and platforms, including but not limited to digital, email, social, OOH, print, and paid
- Self-starter with strong time management skills who is able to effectively manage multiple tasks for various projects concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Excellent client-facing presentation, verbal, and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and using these to inform website content strategy and writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Experience working with associations, nonprofits, or foundations is a plus but not required
- Starting salary based on experience
- Flexible time and work from home options available after 90 days
- Accrued Personal Time Off (PTO) – 15 days for employees for first three years
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & day after, Christmas Day)
- Vacation day for your birthday
- Company contributes 50% toward individual healthcare plan 1st of the month after 60 days
- Simple IRA plan available after 1 year, with up to 3% company match
How to Apply
We ask that you include a cover letter as a writing sample and pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position. Please include this along with your resume and additional samples of work to apply at email@example.com.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to creative thinking and strategies that go beyond for our clients. Beyond Definition is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion of people of every race, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, ability, personality, and age. Our work is made better by the people we work with because our horizons are broadened every step of the way. Applicants from every background are encouraged to apply.