Beyond Definition, a Silver Spring-based creative and strategy agency, is looking to hire a motivated, experienced Senior Web Strategist who can play an important role in our interactive design and development work.
This position leads the technical strategy to support the digital needs and goals of our diverse client base; provides consultative and tactical guidance for interpreting and integrating research and relevant data; and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to identify and solve problems and deploy new solutions.
The position requires a highly technical and hands-on approach, working with a small, nimble team in the areas of analysis, UI/UX, content strategy, governance, and implementation.
Our ideal candidate – for our clients
We are looking for a strategic thinker and advisor for our clients — leading mission-driven organizations through successful website design and development projects that have an impact. Our clients need a strategist who takes a proactive approach to develop solutions for needs that may not yet be identified. The ideal candidate will be an expert who can understand a prospect or client’s challenges and goals and develop the approach, solution, and planning for an innovative website. The ideal candidate will play an integral role in leading clients through website discovery, strategy, and development, answering their questions and problem-solving with a united client-agency team.
Our ideal candidate – for our team
We are looking for a creative thinker that can drive innovation and direction for our award-winning website work. The ideal candidate will work closely with our strategy, creative, and digital teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, united approach to projects. You will serve as the bridge between teams, building the best strategy and solution and accounting for client and audience needs. We are looking for someone who is inspired to continuously improve our process and approach to increase efficiency, profitability, client outcomes, and collaboration. You will work closely with the Director of Strategy to build the best team environment and process possible.
- Lead on gathering client requirements to author reports for research findings, website strategies, and solution recommendations, to present and review with clients
- Understand and translate clients’ business objectives and needs into innovative digital solutions and systems
- Define a pathway forward/solution using the best integrated tools, CMS, etc. for all client websites and interactive challenges.
- Create audience/user profiles, journeys, and requirements
- Create and improve information architectures and taxonomies
- Collaborate across teams and share information on client/audiences needs to support their work
- Manage, deploy, and design technical solutions in a client-facing role
- Create wireframes and prototypes (low fidelity) based on best practices and UX recommendations
- Facilitate usability testing and interpret results
- Manage and initiate responsibilities for internal team and partner or outsourced developers, based on abilities and project development needs
- Assist in estimating scope, process, and timelines and guiding prospective and current clients
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends, understanding and overcoming the challenges of evolving technologies
- 5+ years experience in website content strategy
- Experience aligning websites with digital marketing strategy
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and timelines
- Expert on WordPress and other leading CMS’
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with UX research methodologies, including heuristics, user journeys/empathy mapping, card sorting, usability testing, etc.
- Experience creating information architecture, taxonomies, and content migration and management plans
- Proven ability to analyze research and make data-driven UX recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager a plus
- Understanding of best practices in web and mobile design, as well as W3C and Section 508/WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite tools
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.